Thursday 24 July 2014

Confessions of a guy from Jujuy in Iran

Before I started my trip, I said that I was going to be at least 10 days in Iran (mainly because of what happened last year when I couldn't get the visa to come). I am happy to say that it’s been 14 days already, and I am not sure how long more I am going to stay here as my plans are changing every day.
My beloved rucksack is again with me :)

The Second thing I said before coming to Iran is that after Iran I will go to Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and maybe the other “tan-s” (yep, that includes Afghanistan). At the same time I said I wasn’t sure about Tajikistan and that maybe I was going to leave Kazakhstan for another occasion (it’s the 9th biggest country in the world after Argentina and I needed to apply for a difficult visa). Well, today I checked on the internet and I discovered that Argentina and Kazakhstan signed a free-visa agreement until July next year… and that is tempting.
Tabriz



The third thing I said is that I might spend most of my time in Iran and if I have time I would go to the other countries. I am not sure of what can happen tomorrow…

The fourth thing… I never mentioned that I wanted to go to China in this trip… but I discovered that Iran is the dreamland for visas, the Chinese visa only takes 4 days to be granted and it’s cheaper than in many other countries AND they only ask you to fill in a form, 2 pictures and the money, no reasons of why you want to go or what you are going to do or where you are going to stay… and that is tempting.

carpets in Tabriz (they are really expensive)

The fifth thing I said is that my trip finishes in Ukraine, so I was planning to fly from Bishkek or Tashkent to Kiev, but after the Malaysian Airlines plane shot down… I guess that is not a good idea now… Russia wasn’t in my plans until the plane situation, but now I guess I should have to go to Russia to go by land to Ukraine.

The sixth thing… Mongolia wasn’t in my plans as I needed visa… well, I read that they started a testing visa-free regime and guess what? Argentina is in the list! And that is tempting…

Tabriz

The seventh thing… Everything has its time on earth, even my trips. I was accused by certain guy that I am obsessed by traveling and that I don’t care about anything else, and that I don’t care about anybody rather than me (if you are curious reading my things – yes, I am talking about you and I am waiting for your apologies). He told that to me in a raised tone of voice while I know he is obsessed by his motorbike and his things and he doesn’t give a thing for anybody rather than his family and the things he likes and believes. If he knew me a bit better, he would have known that I decided early this year that this trip is my last big trip. (It doesn’t mean that I am not going to travel anymore, it just means that this is the last trip traveling alone for a long time and in my style of traveling)

But leaving that guy behind I just want to say that my trips come to an end. I am seriously thinking to change all my plans and instead of going to the “tans” and traveling from there to Ukraine, I might go to Iraq and then Turkey and there catch a cheap flight to Ukraine. (I read that some Turkish airlines have suspended their flights to Ukraine).
Life changes, and sometimes too fast, but the things that exist are allowed to be by Somebody Greater. Even the bad things that happen don’t escape from His hands.


Thanks for reading…




No comments:

Post a Comment